DAEMON Tools Lite is a free program for Windows that can be used to mount files from a CD or DVD onto your computer. If you have a program or game that requires you to use the CD/DVD at all times, DAEMON Tools Lite can essentially work as an alternative option.
All you need to do is insert a disc, then right click the disc in 'My PC' and click to mount it. You can also download mounted files from friends or elsewhere on the Internet and use this software to access these files without the original disc.
The main concern with DAEMON Tools Lite is that even though it does work, there is less of a reliance on DVDs and CDs these days. The times that you'll need to use it are far and few between.
We also dislike the fact that the free version of this software comes with two browser extensions that you're forced to download. You can delete them permanently, but this doesn't make the installation process any less frustrating.
DAEMON Tools Lite has a number of other features besides the disc mounting functionality. For example, you can use it to create a bootable USB drive, protect data on a USB stick with a password, or add a virtual hard drive.
If you can look past the advertisements and adware, DAEMON Tools Lite is a software that's useful to have on hand at all times. You won't need to use it often, but there will be occasional times when you will need the functionality that it provides.
• Useful for mounting .iso files
• Mount CDs and DVDs so you don't have to use your disc drive
• Create bootable USBs or add passwords to USB sticks
• Free version has advertisements
• You are forced to download ByteFence and Yahoo Search browser extensions
• CDs and DVDs are rarely used these days
What's new in this version
• Send files between Lite & mobile apps inside the local wireless network
• Create Live USB devices and Raspberry Pi OS cards
• Check performance improvements of each and every feature
• Minor bugs fixed
• Internet connection during install
Operating system: Win 7, Win 7 64 bit, Win Server 2008 R2, Win 8, Win 8 64 bit, Win 8.1, Win 8.1 64 bit, Win 10, Win 10 64 bit
Supported languages: Supports multiple languages
Release date: 2018-03-21
Downloads last week: 0